This summary draws together the key points made in the Information and learning from the Aiming High for Disabled Children Transition Support Programme report.
The report was written by the Council for Disabled Children in order to summarise and reflect on the experience from the Transition Support Programme (TSP). The report focuses on learning from success and identifying key principles and actions supporting positive change for children, young people and families.
The TSP identified five focus areas as a basis for local activity in addressing the challenges of providing transition support. The five focus areas were:
- Strategic joint partnership working
- Participation of disabled young people and their families
- Effectiveness of personalised approaches
- Joint assessment processes within children's trusts and with adult services
- Realistic post-16 opportunities for living life