The Dyslexia-SpLD Trust is a collaboration of voluntary and community organisations involved in promoting improved practice and outcomes for children with dyslexia and specific learning difficulties.
Our work includes:
- Providing advice and information to government,
- Signposting to parents, teachers, and local authorities about training, interventions and research,
- Providing reliable information to parents, teachers, schools and the wider sector
- Supporting organisations to provide best practice.
The Trust aims to ensure that in order for children with Dyslexia SpLD to succeed in school there is:
- A focus on high quality teaching practices by all teachers
- Access to specialist teachers and resources
- Early intervention and early action for those at greatest risk of failing
- Acceptance of the importance of Dyslexia/SpLD as a major contributor to educational under achievement and a strong risk factor for limited life opportunities