‘Your Rights, Your Future’ is an interactive training session designed for any practitioner working with children and young people on the SEND reforms.
The training will help you to help children and young people understand the changes to SEND law and their right to be involved in decisions about their support.
Developed in partnership with disabled young people, this training event includes activities on four key areas prioritised by young people:
- Education, Health and Care Plans;
- Post-16 decision making;
- the Local Offer and,
- Personal Budgets.
This training provides practical activities to explain key aspects of the SEND reforms to children and young people and support them to have their voices heard. We can help you to:
- Inform children and young people that there are changes to the law
- Ensure young people know where to go to get more information about how the changes affect their support
- Empower young people to understand their rights to be involved in decisions about their support and care
- Support young people’s understanding of EHC plans, the Local Offer, Personal Budgets and their decision making powers once they turn 16
The training has been designed to be in a language that can be related to, giving a sense of ownership to the young people –delivered by people who have lived SEND experience. The workshops are the starting point to being well informed.
Rich Amos, co-facilitator
Who is it for?
This training is aimed at professionals working with children and young people:
- Local authority SEN teams
- Service providers
- Voluntary sector services
- And we can also deliver this training directly to groups of children and young people.
The cost of the training will depend on the size of your group, the length of the training and whether you want us to deliver on site or at our offices in London.
However, to give you a rough idea of how much this training would cost:
Our experienced CDC trainer can train a group of up to 25 professionals for a full day at your offices at a cost of £800 plus expenses.
For a more exact quote based on your specific needs please contact us on 020 7843 6000 or at firstname.lastname@example.org